Fall Sport Eligibility Requirements For Tryouts
All Sport Candidates Must:
- Be Academically Eligible based on Final Report Card Grades.
- Complete Online Registration at: www.familyid.com/braintree-high-school. The registration period will be open from Monday, June 17th thru Thursday, August 8th only. It is necessary to complete this process each season. Please make sure all information is complete and up-to-date including the Medical Condition/Injury History, Head Injury and Concussion History, Medication List, and contact information for parent/guardian and emergency contacts.
- Produce a current, up-to-date Physical Examination to the Athletic Trainer's office or Upload on FamilyID where offered in the medical section (NEW!) prior to participation in tryouts. All students must pass a physical examination prior to participation in Braintree Public School Athletics. Physical exams must also be on file in the Braintree High School, South Middle School or East Middle School Nurse’s office. A physical exam covers the student for 12 months from the exam date.
- As of June 8, 2011, in order to participate in the interscholastic athletic program at Braintree High School, all Athletes and Parents must take and pass an Online Concussion Course. Participate in the free online concussion course listed below, Save the certificates to your computer and Upload the certificates of completion onto FamilyID for both the parent and the student-athlete where it is asked in the medical section of the FamilyID online registration. Two Certificates Total (with different names). Paper copies of the certificates will not be accepted.
Online concussion education course must be completed each school year.
- Have a current Baseline ImPACT test prior to tryouts. Baseline ImPACT testing will be performed on the following dates in the Media Center:
- Monday, June 10 thru Thursday, June 13 from 3:30-4:05 pm, 4:15-4:50 pm; 5-5:35 pm & 5:45-6:20 pm
- Friday, August 16, Tuesday, August 20 and Wednesday, August 21 from 11-11:35 am; 11:45 am-12:20 pm; 12:30-1:05 pm & 1:15- 1:50 pm
ImPact test is good for 2 years. If ImPact test date is current and on file, requirement is fulfilled.
To Check if Student-athlete is in need of ImPact Testing: http://tinyurl.com/ImPact-Date-Look-Up
If Student-athlete is in need of ImPact Testing please sign-up at: http://tinyurl.com/ImPact-Test-Sign-Up
- According to School Committee policy (3/19/18), under the following guidelines, each student athlete at Braintree High School is required to pay an Athletic Fee to participate on a team. No student will be excluded from a team due to financial hardship. Paying an Athletic Fee in no way guarantees a starting position or playing time.
Students must register through our online registration service, Family ID prior to making your payment online: www.familyid.com/braintree-high-school
All Students are required to pay a student athletic fee by the end of the third day of team practice following the release of program rosters for Varsity, JV and Freshman teams.
The High School Student Athletic Fee is $175 per student per sport with the exception of hockey, which is $450 for Varsity Hockey and $375 for Junior Varsity Hockey.
The Middle School Student Athletic Fee is $75 per student per sport.
There is a Family Cap per School Year of $1,200. If you have reached the Family Cap of $1,200 for the School Year, you must still register the student(s) for the sport in Family ID, but do not make any additional payments.
Students who qualify for free or reduced lunch will receive a reduced Student Athletic Fee of 50%, rounded up to the nearest whole dollar.
- High School - $88 per student per sport with the exception of hockey, which is $225 for Varsity Hockey and $188 for Junior Varsity Hockey
- Middle School - $38 per student per sport
Waivers may be applied for on a case by case basis and must include a complete "Sharing Information With Other Programs" form, which gives permission to share eligibility status in regards to the athletic fee status.
- Students missing any of the above requirements will not be allowed to participate in tryouts.
The Fall Parent/Student-Athlete/Coach Pre-Season Meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 27th at 6:00 pm. All candidates and a parent/guardian should be in attendance.
Football Conditioning and Tryouts begin on Friday, August 16th.
Cheer and Dance begin on Monday, August 19th.
There will be a Boys Golf Meeting in the BHS Cafeteria on Wednesday, August 21st, at 9 am.
There will be a Swim Meeting in the BHS Main Foyer on Thursday, August 22nd at 7:30 am.
Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Soccer, & Volleyball Tryouts begin Thursday, August 22nd.
Practice and Contest Schedules are posted at https://braintreesports.bigteams.com/.
For additional information, please contact Athletic Director Michael Denise - (781) 848-4000 x7810.