Fall Sport Eligibility Requirements For Tryouts
All Sport Candidates Must:
- Be Academically Eligible based on Final Report Card Grades.
- Complete Online Registration at: www.familyid.com/braintree-high-school. The registration period will be open from Monday, June 17th thru Thursday, August 8th only. It is necessary to complete this process each season. Please make sure all information is complete and up-to-date including the Medical Condition/Injury History, Head Injury and Concussion History, Medication List, and contact information for parent/guardian and emergency contacts.
- Produce a current, up-to-date Physical Examination to the Athletic Trainer's office or Upload on FamilyID where offered in the medical section (NEW!) prior to participation in tryouts. All students must pass a physical examination prior to participation in Braintree Public School Athletics. Physical exams must also be on file in the South Middle School Nurse’s office. A physical exam covers the student for 12 months from the exam date.
- As of June 8, 2011, in order to participate in the interscholastic athletic program at Braintree High School, all Athletes and Parents must take and pass an Online Concussion Course. Participate in the free online concussion course listed below, Save the certificates to your computer and Upload the certificates of completion onto FamilyID for both the parent and the student-athlete where it is asked in the medical section of the FamilyID online registration. Two Certificates Total (with different names). Paper copies of the certificates will not be accepted.
Online concussion education course must be completed each school year.
- Have a current Baseline ImPACT test prior to tryouts. Baseline ImPACT testing will be performed on the following dates in the Media Center:
- Monday, June 10 thru Thursday, June 13 from 3:30-4:05 pm, 4:15-4:50 pm; 5-5:35 pm & 5:45-6:20 pm
- Friday, August 16, Tuesday, August 20 and Wednesday, August 21 from 11-11:35 am; 11:45 am-12:20 pm; 12:30-1:05 pm & 1:15- 1:50 pm
ImPact test is good for 2 years. If ImPact test date is current and on file, requirement is fulfilled.
To Check if Student-athlete is in need of ImPact Testing: http://tinyurl.com/ImPact-Date-Look-Up
If Student-athlete is in need of ImPact Testing please sign-up at: http://tinyurl.com/ImPact-Test-Sign-Up
- According to School Committee policy (3/19/18), under the following guidelines, each student athlete at Braintree High School is required to pay an Athletic Fee to participate on a team. No student will be excluded from a team due to financial hardship. Paying an Athletic Fee in no way guarantees a starting position or playing time.
Students must register through our online registration service, Family ID prior to making your payment online: www.familyid.com/braintree-high-school
ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO PAY A STUDENT ATHLETIC FEE BY THE END OF THE THIRD DAY OF TEAM PRACTICE FOLLOWING THE RELEASE OF PROGRAM ROSTERS FOR VARSITY, JV AND FRESHMAN TEAMS.
The High School Student Athletic Fee is $150 per student per sport.
The Middle School Student Athletic Fee is $50 per student per sport.
There is a Family Cap per School Year of $1,200. If you have reached the Family Cap of $1,200 for the School Year, you must still register the student(s) for the sport in Family ID, but do not make any additional payments.
Students who qualify for free or reduced lunch will receive a reduced Student Athletic Fee of 50%, rounded up to the nearest whole dollar.
- High School - $75 per student per sport
- Middle School - $25 per student per sport
Waivers may be applied for on a case by case basis and must include a complete Sharing Information With Other Programs form, which gives permission to share eligibility status in regards to the athletic fee status.
- Students missing any of the above requirements will not be allowed to participate in tryouts.
For additional information, please contact Athletic Director Michael Denise - (781) 848-4000 x7810.