There are steps we can take to make morning arrival safe and efficient. Please take a minute to review the procedures below and pass on this information to any caregivers who drive your children to school.
- Vehicles must proceed slowly, in a single lane, through the staff parking lot, as there may be slippery spots, as well as children crossing through the lot.
- Please be considerate of one another, especially of cars that are waiting to make a left turn into the driveway. If they have to wait too long, the traffic backs up on Hayward and the cars in the driveway cannot pull out, creating a traffic jam.
- Children should exit the car only when the car is alongside the front or side of the building, where they may access a sidewalk. Please pull up past the front door to the “Drop Off” sign when possible, this moves the car line along quicker.
- Please remember that school starts at 8:35, but students may be dropped off beginning at 8:25 (no earlier, unless they are coming for breakfast, which begins at 8:20).
- If there are major traffic delays because of very poor weather conditions, we will hold attendance for a few minutes after the 8:45 bell. Otherwise, students arriving after 8:45 will be marked tardy.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
Despite repeated reminders and warnings, upwards of 50 individuals cross Hayward Street into dangerous traffic each afternoon. We are heading into a season with ice, snow, and snowbanks which impedes the driver’s view of pedestrians. Please consider the safety of yourself and especially your children when exiting our school.
For Your Safety
If you must cross Hayward Street, please use the crosswalk at Hayward and Commercial Street. There are two crossing guards assigned there for your safety. If you are traveling east on Hayward on foot, there is also a crossing guard assigned to Howard and Hayward Street to support pedestrian traffic.
If you are driving to pick up your children, you must enter the Ross driveway before 2:45 p.m. and park in the west lot. Students are dismissed and families proceed to their cars. Once families are safely in their vehicles, crossing guards hold traffic while the lot is emptied.
At dismissal, please be considerate of our neighbors when picking up your children:
- Do not park in front of driveway entrances.
- Parking lots at Paul J. Rogan Co. and Hayward Market are not available for Ross parents.
- Do not park in the lot belonging to the condominiums next to Hayward Market.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping Ross students and families safe.