Title I provides financial assistance to districts and schools with high numbers or high percentages of children from low-income families to help ensure that all children meet challenging state academic standards. Federal funds are currently allocated through formulas that are based primarily on census poverty estimates and the cost of education in each state. In Braintree, both Ross and Morrison Elementary Schools receive funds to support a school-wide program with resources dedicated to supporting all students with assistance in reading and/or math. Please contact your Principal if you have questions regarding Title I.
- Schoolwide Program
- Parent Involvement Policy
- What Parents Will Do
- What Students Will Do
- What The School Will Do
- Title I Handout
The expanded supports in Title I significantly increase the opportunities for schools, districts, and states to raise the achievement of all students, but particularly those who are the intended beneficiaries of Title I. The flexibility to consolidate funds and programs allow schools to focus on improving the achievement of those who most need support. By allowing schools to integrate programs, strategies, and resources, Title I can become the catalyst for comprehensive reform of the entire instructional program the students in these schools receive.
In Braintree, we believe that active involvement of parents in their child's education is essential to success in school. Strong home-school partnerships benefit children, parents, teachers and the entire community.
Our focus on parental involvement has two objectives: We wish to help parents provide assistance to their children, and we also require the feedback and input of parents as we evaluate our current services and design future programs. Title I endeavors to develop a dynamic relationship where we both assist and are assisted by the home.
We recognize our responsibility in forming and encouraging these close home/school partnerships. Title I staff will provide clear and strong leadership in the development of opportunities for parent involvement. This starts with the development and maintenance of strong communication between home and school. We welcome and encourage parental feedback and we will demonstrate ways parents can help their children achieve high academic standards.
Finally, we will encourage parents to participate in the evaluation and decision-making associated with the Title I program.
Every Student Succeeds Act
In addition, under Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) there is a focus on building the capacity of districts to help ensure that all students have equitable access to high-quality educational experiences.
- Make sure my child attends school every day, except in the case of illness
- Ask my child about school every day
- Check my child's homework assignment notebook every day
- Remind my child that success in school is important
- Stay informed about my child's education by communicating frequently with school and teachers and reading all notices
- Ask about ways you can help your child in school
- Provide a quiet place and regular time for homework
- Read to my child every day
- Attend school and district meetings as much as possible
- Always do my best work
- Complete my homework and bring it back to school
- Read 15 minutes each night
- Ask for help when I need it
- Make sure all notices are given to my parents or guardians every day
- Provide quality education to all students (This education is based upon the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks)
- Provide additional help in math and language arts to ensure proficiency
- Be aware of each child's learning style
- Provide educational experiences in which the students are active participants in their learning
- Communicate frequently with home
- Hold parent conferences
- Provide progress reports
- Print the Title I Handout (DOCX)
- Complete the information on the bottom of the document
- Student Name
- Student Signature
- Parent/Guardian Name
- Parent/Guardian Signature
- Parent/Guardian Telephone
- Parent/Guardian Email
- Return to your Homeroom Teacher within 5 days.